As a social media manager, there are times where I need to work from my phone. If I'm on the go and a client needs something, I need to be able to access information or complete a task quickly. Thankfully, through the magic of Apps, I have nearly all of what I need at my fingertips.
Through a lot of trial and error, creating and revising my systems, here are my 5 favorite apps that help me as a Social Media Manager:
1. Hootsuite - Hootsuite is the scheduling program I use on desktop. Their app is great because it streamlines the streams and tabs you've created for mobile. It also includes a link shortener for posting and the same functionality for auto-schedule and scheduling in the future. Its best feature is that you can use it to schedule posts on Instagram!
2. Pages- Pages is an app Facebook created that allows you to manage Facebook business pages. When you log into the app, all the pages you manage are in one place. You are able to post, reply to messages, and schedule content for later.
3. Google Drive - I share a lot with my clients- notes, content calendars and files. Google drive makes doing that SO easy. I already switch back and forth between my desktop and laptop so Google Drive is a must for that. It's handy to be able to access it on my phone as well.
4. Aviary- I love Instagram. It is by far my favorite platform and I love when I get hired for Instagram work. Their filters are wonderful, but they don't have extras like overlays or the capability to add text. Aviary fills the gap really well for this function.
5. Reddit - When planning content, it's a good idea to see what is trending in your industry. Reddit is the perfect go to for it. Personally, I find it much easier to read in the app than on desktop.
Do you have a favorite app for social media? Let me know and I'll check it out!