A lot of the time, staying motivated while working from home is a challenge. There are tons of distractions and not as much accountability compared to working in a traditional office. Because of these factors, sometimes it is hard to stay motivated to complete the tasks at hand.
Here are a few ways to stay motived during your work day.
- Take an actual lunch - Eating at your work station always sounds tempting and if you are pressed for a deadline, it might seem like your best option. However, not allowing yourself a long enough break to eat could leave you feeling frazzled and distracted.
- Take breaks throughout the day - Take a ten minute break every hour. I find that if I do 50 solid minutes of work then take a short break and repeat this cycle, I am able to concentrate more.
- Close unnecessary browsers - Tempting as it is, try to minimize the time spent on the internet while you are working. This will only prolong the time it takes to complete a project.
- Create a work environment - I say this a lot, but it really will benefit you to have a dedicated space just for your work. This will create a mindset to motive you to finish your work tasks while not being tempted to finish your home tasks.
- Reward yourself - Make sure to pat yourself on the back when you complete a project or cross that last item off your to do list.
Staying motivated while working from home can be challenging but it doesn’t have to be.